Recent Posts

19 January 2010

Diy kiki? Why?: Bright Yellow, Leopard print something or Rather

I cannot for the life of me find my camera so noting outfitwise to report except it is a shame because my outfits have been EPIC!
They actually have been clusterfuckeriffic but alas no documentation. so as far as you the reader is concerned they don't exist or have never existed. Le Sigh now I know how that guy who like had discovered that major cure/invention/mythical race of unicorn men and forgot to take his digital camera with him totally like feels.

Oh yeah I have an Iphone but I'm nto going to to go that far for outfit pictures.

Anyways I have been working on many mystery DIY projects most of them involve repairing torn clothes and using Selleys Gap filler to repair my beloved grandpa shoes until I can get them to a cobbler.

I don't mind the leopard print, it's gaudy, it's a little raunchy, it appeals to my caveman need to cover myself in animal hide (or polyester printed to look like it)
anyways it's everywhere now and apparently can now be considered a neutral...blah

I have however been liking the Dolce and Gabanna take on it in unusual colours,

and Oh My Gawd look at this one



Oh my god I love the simplification of the leopard print so it's completely tribal looking,

anyways I like leopard print but unique and unusual version, not so far removed as to be fluro green smudges on grey marle (every teenage-targeted chain store on earth I is looking at you) but not as naff as those hideous generic polyester tan and beige leopard prints (that can be found at every chain store marketing to 40+  four wheel driving women) Well anyway I saw a few pieces that appealed to me in Betsey Johnson's S/S2010 collection (watch the video and drools) that made me go Wooo, so i decided to do me some web trawling on her website and I saw me this lovely item

And I did some maths, namely I don't have enough money + I have too much arse = a very bad purchasing decision if I were to buy it, so I stupidly decided I will make me something that a) fits b) is cheap and c) is unique
  
Considering all this information I came up with a formula for a unique leopard print item 






easy huh?

so I started I stole some permanent markers and bought a second hand yellow shirt and started drawing, and drawing and drawing .

It's been a week so far and I'm up to here



I'm totally getting baked by the Sharpie fumes , and the spots are swimming before my eyes  heres hoping I don't get too wasted and start drawing tiger stripes.

Here's hoping it works out I'm planning it to be my top/ tunic for a music festival this Friday's Big Day Out

fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is FAB! Man, I LOVE DIY's!! Have you finished yet? Post a pic!

cheeky rose said...

Love your label, smile. Take a look at my fake leopard skin creations, not quite Betty J or D an G, but its worth a look.
cheeky curves

Miss Kiki said...

I keep on stopping because my brain hurts whenever I do this I'd say another week and I may get the front done, so fumey.

cheeky curves! love your designs that leopard print skirt and denim pinafore are speaking to me, they look so cool and comfy

cheeky rose said...

Thank you. I have persuaded a friend to model some of the items for me, so you will get a better view of them.

Post a Comment

.