Recent Posts

28 March 2010

A question about getting rid of some clothes

I have a bunch of Vintage clothes and an empty bank account and I want to get rid of a bunch of  most of all of my Vintage clothes purchased in the vain hope that a) I would fit into at some point b) I would alter something ugly into something fabulous with some time and sewing or c) I would suit them when I got older... Well none of  those is happening so I'm going to sell every item of vintage that has not been worn in the last twelve months and get rid of it good and Proper, anyways I have about 20 vintage dresses and 10-15 other vintage clothing items between a size 14-32 that need to go and be out of my life soon what would be the best way to get rid of it? a) eBay b) Etsy c) a Big Cartel account or d) here 

all have pros and cons

I'm avoiding the Fatshionista Friday posts as a) i suck at live-journal b) I'm not near my computer all day to answer questions like "what's the circumference of the left arm during a full moon?" within ten minutes of being asked (slight exaggeration there) plus I hate that community on Friday Saturday I ignore it all together on those days. Plus postage from Australia ain't cheap and I hate haggling.

Sigh decisions decisions

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hi, it's my first time posting here. I've only ever sold stuff on ebay and you get a lot of annoying questions on there too. I put up fairly extensive info when I listed stuff - the most obvious measurements and a fairly detailed, honest description of the items but still got questions. I did get good prices for the stuff I sold though. Sometimes more than I paid in the first place.

I've never sold through Etsy but do buy there a bit. I'm getting really annoyed at the site because sellers seem to list stuff under random and inappropriate categories - like I find heaps of kid's clothes under plus size.

definatalie said...

If you post them here, I would definitely have a thorough look through! Taking basic measurements (bust, waist, hip etc) and including them with each item will help prevent those little questions :D

Anonymous said...

Just create another blog where you list all your items to sell, and then link it here. :) A lot of bloggers do that these days (me included lol).

http://www.blogtobealive.com

Post a Comment

.