Recent Posts

26 August 2010

Outfit: same old, same old but this time in sepia. Plus some whingeing about Evans customer service



Yawn... today's outfit is an old My Size sweater dress (worn backwards) a Sara Cardigan, generic black leggings and my Payless leatherette combat boots, the belt is a DIY job and the headscarf is thrifted natch.

The belt I made by sewing the buckle off a size zero belt I got for a dollar from Valley girl onto some wide width elastic and for about half an hour of actual work I have a custom made belt.

Hopefully when I get some time I will sort out this dear old page into something a tad more coherent and get these links sorted out as well and catch up on the blogosphere (shit hey blogosphere was in my spell checker as a proper word!)

Oh yeah if you were following up on me and my missing Evans order that I mentioned a few times on my twitter (@whykikiwhy follow me... please) well over one month, three International phone calls, 1 attempt to communicate via their twitter team (@evansclothing) and I got my money back minus postage (?) on my third call into customer service after they realized that just forgot to process my refund. It's not a big deal (I'm a grown up) except the items I specifically ordered no longer exist and I still had to pay for their failed attempt to send me something and to chase it up as lost parcels can only be investigated after a call into the centre. Oh and be warned international buyers, Evans stops tracking once the order leaves the UK, you have to wait three weeks before you can lodge a lost parcel request and they might forget about you all together even if you have made several successful purchases with them previously.

Oh well Caveat Emptor or some other Latin that means "it sucks to be me without my leather wide fitting industrial looking sandals"

- done via BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my worst nightmare, not getting an order because it's lost. I've ordered from the UK at asos and yoursclothing (I live in south america) and it was always ok, but I know that if there was a problem like you had I would go crazy.

Miss Kiki said...

Godlesscurves: It's the first time it's ever happened (and better be the last) and very unusual considering how reliable Australian Postage is and my previous Evans orders have been so quick and hassle free. but the overall experience was meh we'll see how they go in the future

danielle said...

If the order from Evans was sent about mid July blame Aus Post. I pretty much have had everything from outside Aus sent in that time frame be massively delayed or lost. I'm also not the only one, I know of at least three other people who have the same issues.

Anonymous said...

I've only had 1 package lost from The UK to Belgium with Evans, and it was during the volcanic ash issue. I have to agree that their customer service is a bit meh. The only reason you have to wait 3 weeks is because only after that time a package can be considered lost in The UK (since it has no tracking etc). But yeah lost to me equals stolen. Packages don't vanish into thin air.

http://blogtobealive.com

hiddenagenda said...

I have had problems with Evans recently too-parcel arrived but one of the items was in the wrong size. Their customer service minion told me I would have to pay to post it back and they would then refund me the cost of the item only. After some whinging on my part they agreed to post me a cheque for the cost of the postage. I much prefer dealing with other online stores as the Evans people i dealt with were pretty rude :(

Post a Comment

.