Recent Posts

06 August 2010

Outfit: look Ma! she's all stripy

Headscarf: Thrifted
Sunglasses: Karen Walker (Gee Devotee)
Sweater dress: My Size
Cardigan: Monroe
Leggings: Evans
Combat Boots: Payless

 I was doing my monthly rummage through Myer City stores sale rack (it pretty much in my opinion the best place in Sydney to find a good quality new fat chick bargain) and saw this marked down 50% from the lowest marked down price (original RRP $120 I paid $40) and I thought lets give it a crack. I looks good (the stripes are angled on the back) and lightweight and will be a great trans-seasonal piece, but it feels cheapish and definitely not worth $120 but a decent striped cardigan has been on my to buy list and I found one and it'll do.

Oh Overseas folk and probably not many Aussies even know about this Monroe brand, it's the plus size diffusion range of the big Australian brand Bardot and is sold directly through the Department store chain Myer and via their website. Targeted at 18-35 the range is mainly stocked with more professional on-trend styles and basic styles. I personally like the brand and hope that they get a bunch more support because I think the Australian youth plus size market really needs more fashionable, professional, classic, work/play clothing that isn't as farted out thoughtless  (I don't want to use that term but it's the only ones that come to mind)  as City Chic or Dream Divas offerings.


7 comments:

Kathryn said...

Cute cardigan. Stripes = awesome. Although over $100 for a cardi is a bit much. Sale price definitely worth it.

Lauren said...

I can never find the Monroe range in my local Myer. Is it normally displayed with their other plus size ranges or is it near the younger (Miss Shop etc) section?

Natalie Mulford said...

I love Monroe. They have some great stuff, I only one piece of clothing from them as it's usually out of my price range.

The stripped cardi is gorgeous! Loving the boots too!

Nefertiti said...

superbe tenue,extra classe j aime bcp ;O)

bon w end !

http://letempledeladeessenilunoah.blogspot.com/

StephanieDJL said...

oo I love the stripy cardigan! You've inspired me to hunt down a bandana for my head.

Eight For A Wish said...

Anything with harsh contrast suits you. I love the striped look on you Kiki. I hope you're alright <3
Devon, xx
www.fat-nurse.com

Unknown said...

came across your blog and i am loving it!
LOOVE your style!

rock on!!

sabrina x

Post a Comment

.