Recent Posts

27 October 2009

What I hate about plus size fashion in Australia: Part One



All the above available at City Chic

I don't hate Big City City Chic/ Citychic whatatever it is nowadays, they are doing alot for plus size stuff in this country, but for crissaskes who is the blind 'tard who tought up these tops/montrosities?

How can three separate tops manage to maker this poor girls tits look misshapen uneven and deformed, she is gorgeous she has great breasts and these singlets do nothing for her, imagine how horrible they will look on someone that has really uneven breasts (like myself) or good few metres of duct tape to hold the girls up

I appreciate the attempt at fashion but if you are going to make clothes or bigger girls with bigger breasts, with bellies there has to be even an idea of what I girl needs, look at the straps on any of those tops none are an appropriate width apart to accommodate a bra or wide enough to hide a bra behind them , you have cut the bust generously enough to accommodate a DD bust but not generously enough to accommodate the bra required to hold them up at a comfortable level for a days wear, yes there are strapless bras but once over a certain cup size (that being a D) a good quality, comfortable strapless bra in Australia is as rare as hens teeth.

I think this is why so many times when fat girls attempt to follow trends they look inadvertently slutty.

but that's just my opinion, does anyone find those tops flattering/ suitable/ wearable?

.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally feel the same way about City Chic. I'm happy that they're around and that there is finally an alternative for fat chicks under 50, but by the same token, their poor quality clothing and ridiculously high prices do not go unnoticed! And seriously, why do they sell so much shit that is strapless, when as you said, finding a good supportive strapless bra for big boobs is almost impossible in Australia? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Imma gonna bookmark your site :) Look forward to seein more outfits.

Prue

Annie said...

Just discovered your site. For yrs I have been denying my fat and hoping it would go away (har har). Now I embrace my curves, my larger than large arse and my boobs (not as big as I'd like them though :D)I have discovered a heap of great plus size blogs and yours is a fave. You have a wicked sense of humour, you sound like me sometimes (dog fugly...thought I was the only one heh heh heh )Anyhoo, city chic pisses me off. The clothes aren't that well made, many are ugly (I went through all the tees yesterday and didn't find one I would happily wear) Would either make me look like a slut or pregnant prossie, no thanks. I love interesting and different clothes but I also love good, lasting pieces to mix and match. I feel cc clothes date quickly and not in a good way. I happily wear stuff 30-40 yrs old that I find in op shops and closets of relatives. Anyway, my 2 cents. I'd just rather troll etsy and op shops and even Target (like you I try never to buy full price) Alien vagina bwahahaha, that's great. I got a great top and dress from "Crossroads" as well. I can't sew which is something I would love to learn.
Thanks for reading.
Cheers
Annie

J said...

'I think this is why so many times when fat girls attempt to follow trends they look inadvertently slutty.'

Oh my GOD
I know.
Not exactly from City Chic (I'm from the UK) but so many of my dresses/tunics/SMOCKS, GOD FORBID I've brought have little straps which mean I have to wear cardi's to cover the bra straps (I wear cardi's anyway to hide FLABARMS LOL). And then my tits, goddamn
When I wear those fricking things, my tits just looks like humungous, exposed things. The amount of times I've had to BROOCH THAT SHIT UP to avoid unneccessary tit exposure to the world is mad.
I'm certain everybody thinks I'm a crazy whore or something. ;-;

Also, I'm loving your site. Been looking through it all day. I HAVE NO LIFE.
(Y) KEEP IT UP WOMAN.
- Jo, (internetbrainpicnic.tumblr.com)

Post a Comment

.